Check out the latest features and goodies that our team has shipped.
- Upgrade flatpak Gnome runtime from 41 to 42
- Call URLs now enabled for everyone and use a shorter format
- Dark mode!
- Audio device selection
- Call feedback
- Prompt user when peer has incompatible version
- Can now change your Call URL link
- Changing setings (i.e. cursor/keyboard mode, resolution, etc)
- PulseAudio initialization bugs
- Upgraded to latest version of WebRTC (M107)
- Support updates that use a new flatpak runtime
- The UI will now automatically recover from certain exceptions.
- UI issue.
- Crash when trying to join a Call URL while in a call.
- Joining a Call URL when the app isn’t running.
- Painting and highlight click were not visible in certain monitor configurations.
- Call URLs now work when Tuple isn’t already open
- New UI!
- Webcam Support.
- UI to ask call participants to share their webcam/screen.
- Tuple can now run on Wayland distros through Xwayland, but Screen Sharing is not yet supported.
- Support for call URLs in Beta. Reach out to email@example.com if interested in
trying it out.
- Crash on systems that don’t have a primary monitor set.
- Rare crash in call ringtone playout.
- Main window size being incorrect on newer versions of Gnome.
- Intermittent X client crash.
- Upgraded to the latest version of WebRTC.
- Offset issue with cursor positions when using a display scaling setting other than 100%.
- Crash caused when a system was missing a “pointer” system cursor image.
- Allow Linux to “Knock” and receive Call requests (i.e. to share the screen)
- Crash which could occur when changing system theme from dark to light after receiving a call.
- Peers will properly timeout when one side crashes instead of indefinitely trying to reconnect.
- Icon strategy to better integrate with dark/light mode themes.
- Connectivity stats view to the menu bar UI when in a call.
- Can now change transmit resolution between all platforms (not just Linux to macOS).
- A “Share Screen” item in the App Indicator menu on Linux.
- Updated icons to match macOS better and support light/dark mode.
- You can now sign in via SSO. Click ‘Sign in via Browser’ in the popover UI.
- Removing a friend not being reflected in the UI immediately.
- Aborting display selection will no longer start an audio call.
- Friends no longer disappear when they go offline.
- Option to suggest a reaction in the reactions list. Send us your best reaction suggestions!
- Automatic link opening feature will now work between all operating systems.
- Added Tag Team cursor mode Linux to Linux and macOS to Linux. Note: Multi-way macOS to Linux will use Tag Team mode temporarily.
- Issue when sending key strokes from Linux to MacOS.
- Paint mode Mac to Linux and Linux to Linux.
- Persist paint setting now works.
- Highlight click mode Mac to Linux and Linux to Linux.
- Tuple will now prevent your computer from sleeping while in an active call.
- The host will automatically stop sharing when all guests close the video stream.
- A way to adjust logging level by using
TUPLE_LOG_LEVEL environment variable.
- Deployment through flatpak.
- Automatic background updates via flatpak.
- Tuple will be properly activated when incomings call window appears.
- Tuple will be properly activated when someone shares their screen.
- Popover UI can now longer be incorrectly resized leading to a strange looking UI.
- Audio will no longer be muted when receiving incoming calls.
- Display picker windows will now be in correct centered locations.
- Soothing spinner in call window until receiving first frame.
- Mouse movement between all platforms.
- Do not disturb will turn on and off between calls (when the Tuple preference is turned on).
- Automatic sign in between sessions.
- About modal being open when calls start doesn’t prevent the incoming call window.
- Call toolbar flickering when pairing with Linux <–> macOS.
- Scaling issues with mouse cursor when receiving a retina display from macOS.
- Basic audio support
- Basic screen support
- Basic multi-way support
- Send confetti Linux –> MacOS
- Send resolution changes Linux –> MacOS
- Configurable red outline when sharing screen
- Add friends, teammates, and guests
- Remove friends
- Automatic Do Not Disturb when making calls
- Mute/Unmute in systray
- Hang up in systray